Here’s you will learn How to Switch Characters in GTA 5 Ps? Rockstar Games have always tried to revolutionize the open-world genre. As a result, each installment in the franchise seems more ambitious than the last, and GTA V may have been the most pioneering franchise title.
Rockstar Games played enormously, not just by providing players one but three as in GTA V. This decision puzzled fans first since they did not know how flawless it would be.
Many fan worries originated because too many menus and frequent breaks to switch characters muddied their playing experiences.
But Rockstar’s Switch Mechanic implementation was exceedingly smooth and did not initially produce the significant interruption gamers fear.
GTA V allows gamers to switch characters on the go instantly. Here’s how, on every platform, you can accomplish it.
How to Switch Characters in GTA 5 Ps4
The creators had to integrate the feature switching between characters due to the participation of 3 characters in the primary tale.
Therefore, this option was not an essential choice of items in the main menu but was provided with fascinating features.
What’s the role for?
The main task of substituting characters in various games is to display the characters’ lives on various sides.
As there are three protagonists, the general tasks cannot tell about them. Switching between heroes has several duties irrespective of the platform (PC, Xbox or PS):
- Change location. The player immediately finds himself in his home or where the character generally spends time switching to another character.
- Change the gaming type. A unique personal car, active qualifications, passive skills, look, etc., are available to each protagonist.
- Single missions access. You have to switch between the central characters to get the tale going. Some jobs are prohibited until a given character carries out several acts.
- Perform particular task actions. For cooperative searches, the solution of tasks needs changing between characters. Trevor handles, for example, a helicopter, Franklin fires a sniper, and Michael monitors transport. You have to change the hero at certain stages in the mission.
- Manage additional features. You can swap to different characters in uncommon tasks. Franklin’s dog, for example.
The switching technique is created by Rockstar Games creators so that the player does not spend a lot of time complicating the play.
Characters available for the game
You can play the following characters in Grand Theft Auto 5:
- Franklin Clinton is the prolog’s first character. He was involved in minor robberies and auto theft with Lamar’s friend.
- Meets Michael, which is why he’s lured with his head into the criminal world.
- De Santa’s Michael. The hero takes part in a prologue robbery. As a result of the operation failure, it provides the FRB with information and becomes a witness protection participant.
- Trevor Phillips. Unbalanced man has drug problems and all groups of criminals. Believes Michael died in the story before he met him.
- You cannot substitute the hero with a wheel in crucial plot points. A pale symbol denotes the unavailable star & it is available later.
Important! The player takes the option of keeping everyone alive, killing Trevor, or dealing with Michael.
Read Also: How to Connect Ps4 to Hotel Wifi?
You can change the character wheel with the selected end. So, for example, the hero who killed would disappear from his sector.
Guide: How to Switch Characters in GTA 5
First of all, yes, during the free roam mode, you can switch between the three characters. It’s just as simple as holding a button and choosing one of the two characters (we will get to the details later).
Then, when you move to another character, the camera navigates where the character is right now.
These switches were also made attractive and immersive. For example, switching to Trevor may stop as soon as he tries to push a dead body down the bathroom.
He might also chase a woman who tries to apologize for indignant exposure or even hurl a man from the boardwalk into the ocean. Other characters also have noteworthy switches; none, though, like Trevor.
It will introduce you to the switching mechanic during the introductory quest. However, you cannot access this feature until you are connected to the two other characters (after the Prologue, you play with Franklin for a few missions).
After a while, during most in-game moments, you can switch between the three characters.
Some tasks may prevent you from switching or limit the switch to two characters. You won’t even be able to select another character at some point in the game when you go free. That depends on the story.
But let’s examine how characters can genuinely switch from platform to platform in GTA 5.
How to Switch Characters in GTA 5 on PC?
PC gamers had to wait a reasonable period after the console release (this is a Rockstar tradition) but still got the same game as the console game.
Character switching naturally played a role on the PC as on the platforms. Here is how to switch on your computer between GTA 5 characters.
- After you have completed the game, hold down the ‘’Alt” key.
- To swap between characters, use the directional keys or the mouse to select the character you want to use.
- Release the “Alt” key on your keyboard.
It’s as simple as that to switch between GTA 5 character identities.
How to Switch Characters in GTA 5 Ps4
In the PC version of the game, the same approach we have outlined applies to consoles, including PS4. The only change is the different keys utilized.
- Continue to hold down the Down Button on the D-Pad, and then use the Right Analog-stick to select the character you want to swap to.
- To swap, press and hold the Down button for a few seconds.
How to Switch Characters in GTA 5 Ps3
Although PS3 sounds like it was a long time ago (what is happening with PS5 now for months), GTA 5 was still published as the next gaming console during the PS3 reign.
Read Also: How Many Watts Does a Ps4 Use?
GTA 5 was released a few months after its predecessor, and the PS4 saw daylight. The game can, therefore, absolutely be played on PS3 consoles. It is how characters can be switched on the old console when playing.
- Hold down the D-pad button
- Select the character you wish to change to using the Right Analog Stick
- Let the down button go to make the change
How to Switch Characters in GTA 5 on Xbox
The principle and the key sequence are the same, whether you’re using an Xbox 360 or an Xbox One to play the game. It is how one of the two consoles can change characters in GTA 5.
- Press and hold down the D-Pad button
- Select the chosen Right Analog Stick character
- Release the down button to choose the marker
How to change GTA 5 Character Slots
If you tap and hold “Alt” (PC) or the Down button on the D-Pad (consols), the bottom right-hand corner of the screen shows the smaller character menu.
On the left, you will see Michael (blue), on the right, you will notice Franklin (green), and on the right Trevor (orange).
You could want to change these character slots, but it can’t be done in GTA 5, regrettably. So the three characters are always attached to these spots.
Likewise, the GTA 5 Online character selection screen characters are linked to their positions and cannot be swapped.
FAQs – How to Switch Characters in GTA 5 Ps4
Can you switch characters in GTA 4?
With the mod installed, you’ll be able to choose between the roles of Niko Bellic from Grand Theft Auto IV, Johnny Klebitz from The Lost and Damned, and Luis Fernando Lopez from The Ballad of Gay Tony, among others.
How do you play DLC on GTA 4?
If you want to play it, all you have to do is open GTA IV, and the game will ask if you want to play it… Selecting “yes” will launch TLAD, while selecting “no” will launch the standard Grand Theft Auto game.
Is there a money cheat in GTA 5?
In GTA 5, there is no money hack, not even in the single-player game, which is a disappointment.
What is Franklin’s last name in GTA 5?
Franklin Clinton is a fictional character in the Grand Theft Auto (video game) series, and he is one of the three selectable characters in Grand Theft Auto V. He appears in the game Grand Theft Auto V.