One of the most popular battle royal games is Call of Duty: Warzone. According to reports, many Xbox Series X gamers were experiencing “Dev error 6635” while playing the warzone battle royal game.
As a result, a player has claimed that the game returned to the main screen within 20 seconds with the pop-up “Dev Error 6635 Xbox Series X.” We help you out with Call of Duty’s warzone issue. Read on for some pointers.
What does Dev Error 6635 Xbox Series X?
Modern Warfare and online battle royal modes make Call of Duty: Warzone one of the most popular games in the COD series. However, many players are being affected by the plethora of dev mistakes.
The Call of Duty: Warzone Dev Error 6635 is one of many faults gamers have reported since the game’s release. Recently, many gamers have seen the dev error 6635, which disconnects and crashes when entering multiplayer mode or attempting to play.
Specifically, this dev error 6635 is a problem for Xbox Series X|S console owners. In addition to a slew of other dev faults, server connectivity issues, a few well-known issues, and so on, the number of afflicted players grows exponentially every day.
There are instances when the Dev Error 6635 Xbox Series X can be a frustrating problem to deal with, mainly because it disconnects and crashes or forcibly pauses a video game. If this issue persists, you will be unable to participate in any battle royal mode.
Follow this troubleshooting guide to cure the dev error 6635 thoroughly if you’re one of the many people experiencing this problem. Let’s get started without further ado.
Causes of Dev Error 6635 Xbox Series X
As it turns out, this error code can be caused by several different things on both consoles and PCs. When playing COD: Modern Warfare, an error number may appear. Here is a shortlist of possible reasons.
The Glitch in character skin
- It is the most commonly cited cause of the dev error code we’re dealing with today. Many reports of gamers encountering an error code 6635 after equipping their characters with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War skins, guns, calling cards, etc.
Random game bugs
- Others have reported seeing Dev Error 6635 Xbox Series X appear and disappear even while not using any Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War skins or goods. It’s conceivable that the error number is specific to the Call of Duty: Warzone game if you’re having the same problem. When a computer has an extensive software OS makeover, some gaming glitches may appear for a short period.
Problems with the server
- Sometimes, server-side issues can hinder some game clients, especially while playing online. You should also periodically check the server’s status to fix the Dev Error 6635 Xbox.
Corrupted game data
- 6635 is a dev error that prevents players from joining matchmaking due to faulty game files. Game data can be corrupted when a system update is stopped or when a game is “saving.”
Following your thorough investigation into the causes of this error code, here are a few workarounds that at least one other player has found to be effective in resolving the problem and allowing them to continue playing usually.
How to Fix Dev Error 6635 Xbox Series X? Different Ways
If you don’t want another Activision account switching experience, please try the following fixes. You can sort them by difficulty level. However, these remedies appear to be short-lived, and their success is primarily dependent on your luck.
#1) Activision Server Status
We recommend that you first rule out the possibility of an ongoing server outage before attempting any further remedies. For help with Call of Duty: Warzone or Modern Warfare, go to the Activision support page by clicking here, then pick the drop-down menu and verify if All platforms are online. If the services are down, all you need to do is wait for the servers to reactivate.
#2) Start Warzone as an administrator
This solution necessitates that you run Warzone as an administrator. If your CoD Warzone game installation is stored on the system disk, you may need additional permissions.
#3) Restarting your device
It is the most basic repair for any electrical item nowadays. It is not uncommon for computer instructions to become tangled and generate strange problems. In certain circumstances, a simple restart will suffice.
#4) Change your character or item’s skin
A buggy skin may be to blame if you’re a fan of customizing your character’s appearance. Just replace your Black Ops skin for one from Modern Warfare, and you should be good to go with dev error 6635 is fixed. I don’t care if it has anything to do with Black Ops Cold War.
#5) Reinstall the Game
If the Dev Error 6635 Xbox Series X persists despite the preceding workarounds, you may need to reinstall the game. We will guide you on accomplishing it on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox.
On a PC:
- Select Apps and Features or Programs and Features by doing a right-click on the Start menu.
- Find net or COD Warzone and click on Uninstall to remove it from your computer.
- Complete the uninstallation by following the on-screen instructions. Once you’ve completed the tutorial, you can download and install the game from its official website.
On Xbox One/Xbox Series X:
- To access the Guide menu, select Games & Apps by pressing the Xbox button on the Home screen.
- Call of Duty: Warzone can be found by scrolling past other games and applications.
- Select Manage game/Manage app by pressing the Menu/Start button on the controller.
- Select Uninstall all and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstall.
- If this doesn’t work, restart your console and re-download the game from the listing in the shop. Try relaunching the game and checking for any changes made to resolve the Dev Error 6635 Xbox Series X.
- Navigate to the Library Select Games section on the left-hand side of your PS4 dashboard, find and select Call of Duty: Warzone, then press the Options button on your console.
- Select the option “Delete” that appears in the menu and confirm the action.
- Afterward, reboot your PS4 and reinstall the game and any updates.
#6) Remove Cold War Content
The next thing to check is if your current loadout has any skins, weaponry, or other limited material from the Cold War era, causing the issue.
It is a regular occurrence with weapons with dark matter skin from the Cold War era.
Make sure you remove any Cold War loadout items before trying to join an online game or watch it from the sidelines.
Check whether it’s fixed once you exit the game and relaunch it with admin privileges.
Re-increasing the number of Cold War goods in your loadout until the error is fixed will help you pinpoint exactly which item is causing it.
#7) Clear Windows cache
Do the following to delete the temp folder on your Windows 11/10 computer:
- First Press “Win + R.”
- Press Enter to open the Run dialog box and type temp.
- Press CTRL + A to select all files and folders at the location.
- Delete them by using the Delete key on your keyboard or right-clicking and selecting Delete.
- For files and directories currently in use, select Skip.
#8) Rebuild the Xbox’s database
If you’ve got the patience, you can play this one on PlayStation platforms only if you want.
Rebuild the COD Warzone database by doing the steps listed below:
- Be sure to turn off your gaming console.
- Enter safe mode by pressing and holding the power button until you hear an audio cue.
- Rebuilding the database in COD Warzone may be done from here.
Why do I constantly get Dev Error 5573?
If you keep experiencing Dev Error 5573 on Warzone on your Windows gaming machine, it’s most likely because your drivers are out of date. Whether you’re playing on a PC or a PS4, be sure that all of your software is updated. The last option may be to wipe the PS4’s database and start over.
FAQs Related to Dev Error 6635 Xbox Series X
How do I fix Dev Error 6634 on Xbox series X?
If you recently purchased a new graphics card, this is likely to happen (or added GPU as part of an SLI setup). You’ll need to reload the COD game’s shaders to fix this problem.
Why do I keep getting Dev errors on Modern Warfare Xbox?
Dev error 6034 on Xbox indicates that Modern Warfare data packs or add-ons are loaded on the console that is incompatible or obsolete. In addition, a corrupted game installation may be to blame for the problem at hand.
How do you stop Dev error warzone on Xbox?
Antivirus software, task management priority settings, and running Battle.net as an administrator may also help with this issue if you’re having trouble. A more robust method is to reinstall the whole game.
I hope that the advice mentioned above on Dev Error 6635 Xbox Series X will be helpful. Still, if none of the remedies suggested above have been successful, it is reasonable to presume that the game data has been corrupted. To resolve the issue, try deleting and reinstalling the game.