In general, the Xbox Error Code 0x89231906 indicates a problem with the device. There are several possible causes for this error code, including hardware and software errors and a combination of both. An Xbox’s hard drive may be malfunctioning, or there may be an issue with how it connects to the television.
Corruption in a game file, an issue with the Xbox operating system, or the Xbox software are examples of software issues. Hardware and software malfunctions can also be to blame for this error code.
How to Fix Xbox Error Code 0x89231906? Different Ways
Turn Off and Restart Your Xbox One
Press the Xbox One Power button on your Controller until the power light begins to glow orange, then release the button. Wait for the console to restart once you’ve released the button you just pressed. Start the console by pressing the Xbox button.
Try clearing the system cache if restarting the console doesn’t fix the problem (see below). You may have to get a new Xbox One if the issue continues. Follow the steps below to restart your console:
- Open the instructions on your console.
- Select System.
- Select Settings.
- Take a look at the System Updates menu option.
- Clearing the system cache is as simple as answering “Yes” to the confirmation prompt.
Read Also: How to Fix Xbox Error Code 0x87e5002b?
Launch the Chat Ports Required for the Feature
The party chat won’t be able to connect to the network if sure of the ports required by the chat function are restricted. As a result, some of the ports should be opened.
- Select System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall in Control Panel.
- In the left pane, select Advanced settings.
- Select Inbound Rules from the left pane of the pop-up window and then click New Rule on the right pane.
- For the new rule, perform the following steps one at a time:
- Select Port from the Rule type drop-down menu and then click Next.
- Ensure that Specific local ports are selected, then type 53, 80, 88 500 3074 3544 4500 in the editable box, and click Next in the section for Protocol and Ports.
- Enter the rule name & click Finish.
Afterward, you may see if the problem with network settings restricting party chat has been remedied or not.
Remove Third-Party Network Adapters and Tools
- Ensure that you are logged in to an administrator account, as this is the only way to remove an application.
- It’s best to have a copy of your most important files if you lose them.
- Go to Setting -> Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click on the Uninstallation Program under Control Panel’s View option at the top right corner.
- If you’re using the Settings app, you may access a list of installed applications by clicking on the Apps button.
- Select Uninstall from the Control Panel’s Settings menu to eliminate the software you no longer need.
- There is a slew of uninstaller tools available, each with its own choices. Wait a few minutes for the software to be uninstalled.
- “Do you wish to remove for Windows completely?” asks a message. Selecting “Yes” will confirm your selection.
- Restart your computer to see if any errors remain once the uninstalled complete procedure.
Stop and Restart the IP Helper service
As previously mentioned, this Xbox Error Code 0x89231906 also occurs on the Xbox app. Additionally, it occurs during the party chat and removes the ability to communicate.
IP Helper is the Xbox app’s service to communicate with the internet. Misusing IP Helper can result in issues while participating in party chats. Windows 10 users may find that restarting this service fixes Xbox Error Code 0x89231906.
- Use Cortana’s text field to enter service names. On Cortana, select the service that appears as the best match.
- In the Services panel, look for IP Helper.
- IP Helper is set to run automatically by default; however, you must restart it to fix Xbox Error 0x89231906. So, right-click on it and select Restart from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure IP Helper is set to automatic.
- Finally, restart your computer, and you should fix the party chat error in Windows 10.
Delete the Game’s Saved Data and Start Over
To cure Xbox error code 0x89231906: Delete the saved data for the game and start from the beginning.
- Select your game save in the Xbox One’s Settings > System > Storage.
- To remove a saved game, click the X next to it and press the Delete button.
- You’ll also have to remove any stored game data, such as achievements and trophies. Navigate to the Settings menu, then System, then Storage, and then pick your game save file from there.
- To remove a saved game, click the X next to it and press the Delete button.
- You can rebuild your game save by going to the Storage menu and selecting “Create a new save.”
- Once you’ve entered your name and password, select a place to save your game.
- To save the game, use the save button to the right of the game save.
Read Also: How to Fix Xbox Error 0x80190193?
Clear Persistent Storage
Xbox, party chat may not function properly if the persistent storage contains files connected to Blue-ray discs. As a result, you might consider wiping the Xbox One’s persistent storage.
To do so, head to Xbox One Settings > Disc & Blu-ray, select Persistent storage, and select Clear persistent storage.
You can alter interaction and playback programs to suit your needs better.
- Select the Playback application from the context menu by right-clicking the volume icon in the taskbar. Starting Control Panel and selecting Sound and Hardware Sound, you can change your sound settings if you don’t see an icon on your taskbar.
- Check to see if the recording and playback tabs accept the devices. You will activate them by right-clicking on them and selecting the option to enable them.
- You can use the Customary as the Default interaction device with many headsets or microphones connected. To do this, right-click on the device & select the Customary as Default interaction device.
Set Up a Teredo Client
You can achieve iPv6 communication via Teredo, a tool that does not require a native IPv6 connection to work (click here to see more information about IPv6 and IPv4). A fix for Xbox Error Code 0x89231906 has been found in this client.
- Press “Win + R” to open Run Box.
- To run Command Prompt as administrator, type cmd and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- After typing each instruction, hit Enter to complete the sequence.
netsh int teredo set state disabled int ipv6 set teredo client
Check whether the error 0x89231906 has been resolved by restarting your computer after that.
Read Also: How to Fix Memory Error 13-71 Xbox?
FAQs – Xbox Error Code 0x89231906
Why do I keep getting kicked out of Xbox parties?
In this case, your Xbox console’s Internet connection with the other party members may be failing. Incompatible NAT types are frequently the cause of this issue.
How do I fix my Xbox error code?
Xbox Startup Troubleshooter has an option to reset your console. Select Reset this Xbox. Select Keep games and apps if requested. By selecting this option, you will not lose any of your games or apps but reset your OS and any corrupted data deleted. Upon completing the reset, you should be redirected to the console’s Home screen.
Can you get discord on Xbox?
After more than three years on Xbox One, it’s impossible to say when things will get better with this software. For the time being, this cross-platform Discord integration can only show you what your Xbox One buddies are playing.
We are confident that you will be able to cure Microsoft Xbox Error Code 0x89231906 with the information provided in this article.
However, suppose you run into another problem and need expert technical assistance. In that case, our team of engineers has years of experience dealing with complex errors and will provide you with a service that meets your needs completely. Send us a message in our contact section, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.