An “Xbox Error Code 0x87e50031” message on your Xbox Series X console screen indicates that the game you are trying to play is a next-generation version or that an external hard drive is connected to your System.
Many different error codes could accompany the Xbox Series X if something went wrong, including 0x800708ca & 0x87e50031. A hard reset of your Xbox or a system upgrade may be all that is needed to fix this temporary problem you are having.
If you’re having difficulties playing your latest game on your Xbox Series X because of an error message, this guide will explain what it means and why it’s showing up on your screen and provide you with simple solutions to the problem.
What is the Xbox Error Code 0x87e50031?
After a short time, the Xbox Series X error code 0x87e50031 will appear on your console.
There is a problem with your game’s loading process, which causes it to crash immediately. It could be because your Series X console does not have all the game data downloaded.
Our troubleshooting fixes will take care of this problem for the time being.
Read Also: How to Fix Xbox Error Code 0x8027025a?
Causes of Xbox Error Code 0x87e50031
Before diving into the solutions, let’s look at what might be causing the problem in the first place.
- The first thing we’d like to cover is the technical specifications. Each developer specifies a minimum set of system requirements for this kind of game. This error code will appear if your PC does not meet the minimum system requirements. So let’s look at what your PC will need to run Halo Infinite.
- Out-of-date Xbox software, PC Game Pass app, and Windows operating system are all possible causes of the Error code: x80070424/0x80070003.
How to Fix Xbox Error Code 0x87e50031? 8 Easiest Way
You can use a few simple methods to fix the Xbox Series X if something went wrong, 0x87e50031 Xbox Error Code.
#1) Check your Xbox Live Status
First and foremost, you should visit the Xbox status page to see what’s happening. You can quickly see if there is a problem with the server or any maintenance performed here. The notification will appear if you broaden the services on this page. Sign in, and you’ll be alerted when the problem is fixed.
You can, however, play the game offline if the server is down. You can resume playing the online game once the service has been restored to normal.
Eventually, this error code will disappear on its own. If you encounter this issue, please try again after some time has elapsed.
Read Also: How to Fix 0x87e105dc Xbox Error Code?
#2) Reboot Your Console
- Select ‘System’ and then ‘Console Info’ in your Xbox’s ‘Settings.’
- On the ‘Reset Console’ button, press the arrow.
- Make sure you select ‘Reset and Keep my Games and Apps’ now.
A reboot has now been completed on your Xbox Series X console.
#3) Reset the Xbox App, Gaming Services, and Halo Infinite
If Halo Infinite Xbox Error Code 0x87e50031 is still troubling you, we recommend resetting Halo Infinite. In addition to the cache data difficulties, a reset will resolve them. To do so, you might take the following steps:
- Press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard to open the Settings menu.
- From the left pane, select Apps, and then select Apps & features.
- After that, type in Xbox app> select the three-dot menu (More)
- You must select advanced options. To end the application, press the Terminate button.
- Restart the System by selecting Reset > Proceed with the assignment if you are prompted to do so
Follow the exact instructions to play Halo Infinite and the Gaming Services app.
#4) Perform a Power Cycle
In the same way, you can’t just walk away from him. Some users reported that the error code had vanished when they did this.
- Press the Xbox button for around 10 seconds to turn off the console.
- Afterward, unplug your Xbox console’s cords and wait for another ten seconds.
- Press and hold the Xbox button one more to restart the System.
#5) Delete & Reinstall the Game
- Navigate to ‘My Games and Apps.’
- You should highlight the game generating this error code to appear on your screen.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and select the option to “Uninstall” to Uninstall the Game completely.
- Select ‘All Owned Games’ under ‘Full Library.’
- Click ‘Reinstall’ and then ‘Install All’ to reinstall the game you removed.
Doing this will remove any corrupted files from your game.
#6) Wipe Up Your Game’s Persistent Storage & Local Files
- Make certain that the disc tray is clear of any discs.
- Make a left turn on the Home Screen, and you’ll see a guide.
- In the next step, choose Preferences > General.
- Click on System>Storage.
- Clear your local saved games.
- Select “Yes” if you’d want to proceed.
- Press the “Menu button” on your Gaming controller to restart your console.
- Navigate to Disc & Blu-Ray in the Settings menu.
- Decide on Long-Term Storage.
- Touch Clear Persistent Storage at the bottom of the page.
Read Also: How to Fix Xbox Wireless Controller Driver Error?
#7) Discard the Disc That Was Inserted
A disc for a different game may have been in the console at the time of the download, causing this error code to be shown. Reinstall the software after removing all other discs. By repeatedly opening the game you wish to play after each time it has crashed.
#8) Get in Touch With Halo Support
Halo Infinite Error 0x80070424, Halo Infinite Error 0x803f8001, Halo Infinite Error 0x87e50031, or Halo Infinite Error 0x80073d02 are all possible causes of the error. Don’t hesitate to contact Halo Support if none of the above ways work, and we hope this helps!
FAQs – Xbox Error Code 0x87e50031
How do I fix my Xbox error code?
Selecting Reset this Xbox from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter will bring up a menu allowing you to restart your console. Select Keep games and apps if requested. By selecting this option, you will not lose any of your games or apps but reset your OS and any corrupted data deleted. After the console resets, you should be taken back to the Home screen if everything goes according to plan.
Is Xbox 360 still online?
Microsoft will shut down halo’s Xbox 360 Online Services in 2021. If a game relies on an internet server, it will soon fade into the background.
How do I clear my Xbox One console cache?
Unplug and shut down your console. Reconnect the device after a few minutes and leave it unplugged. Press & Hold the “Power Button” For a Few seconds; while it’s off. Your console’s performance should be noticeably faster when you turn it back on because the cache has been cleared.
To summarize, Xbox Error Code 0x87e50031 signifies a problem with the game’s connection to the Xbox server on your console. This error code may result from a server outage or maintenance work. Take a look at the Xbox Status page to see if there are problems with the servers. A power cycle and a restart of your Xbox and your game can also assist in fixing the problem.