PS4 Error NP-38551-2 is an unexpected error code that might occur when you are trying to connect to the PlayStation 4 server while playing a game. This particular post will guide you on how to resolve this error code NP-38551-2.
Here’s How to Fix PS4 Error NP-38551-2
Reboot your PlayStation 4
The first method I will offer for resolving Error Code NP-38551-2 is a little unusual, but restart PlayStation 4. NP-38551-2 is a little different from the other errors because of a possible issue that makes this network experience it. If this does not resolve the issue, proceed to the next stage.
Check the Status of the PlayStation 4’s Network
Now go into your PlayStation 4 and verify the status of your PlayStation 4 Network. Ensure that everything is plainly not down and that it is still up to date; if it is, you will see this error code.
You must wait it out and ensure that the servers are updated and operational, at which point you will be able to do something useful.
Suppose obviously, everything is still operational, and you are encountering a PS4 Error NP-38551-2. In that case, You must go into the internet connection setup and, if possible, connect to the Wi-Fi switch to length effectively have a wired connection setup into your PlayStation 4 rather than a Wi-Fi network. It works a lot of the time and resolves many server difficulties.
Switch from automatic to 5 gigahertz WiFi band
If you’re unable to do so, it’s alright. Next, I’d like you to select the Options button and change the Wi-Fi frequency bands from automatic to 5 gigahertz. If that doesn’t work, try 2.4 gigahertz. If none of those work, revert to automated mode.
Modify DNS Configuration
You can resolve PS4 Error NP-38551-2 by clicking on the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to and then on advanced settings. Here, you’re going to change the DNS settings to manual and change the primary DNS to 220.127.116.11 and the secondary DNS to 18.104.22.168.
It will assist in alleviating and resolving any server-related issues you may have, and then you should be good to go.
Read Also: How to Fix PS4 Error SU-30746-0
The sole exception is if you are not a resident of the United States. You may choose to use a different DNS server, as this is the East Coast Pacific time zone for the United States.
You may quickly discover fast and reliable DNS servers online to resolve this problem. NP-38551-2 Therefore, you do not have to pay for any of this; a short Google search will reveal the greatest.
How do I fix error NP-38551-2 on PS4?
- Reboot your PlayStation®4 console if necessary.
- If your system software is out of the current, you can update it via Settings > System Software Update.
- Switch off your router and wait at least five minutes before restarting it.
- It could be a transient issue. Kindly attempt again in a few moments.
How do I fix error code NP-34924-2?
- At Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection, you may verify the connection’s status.
- Restart your PlayStation 4 gaming console.
- Powering down your modem or router for five minutes and then turning it back on will reset your local network connection.
- Update the firmware on your router.
Why won’t it let me activate my PS4 as primary?
The “PS4 activation error” could result from a licensing bug. Additionally, the issue may show when you set the account to primary or activate or deactivate the account. To resolve the issue, attempt to edit the user account settings.
Read Also: How to Fix Error E-82106o4a PS4 Plus?
How do I find out my primary PS4?
Each participant can activate one PS4 system as their primary PS4 console. To activate your primary PlayStation 4, navigate Settings > Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PlayStation 4.
How do I fix CE-33986-9?
- PlayStation Network (“PSN”) may be unavailable or undergoing maintenance. Kindly verify the status of PSN.
- If PSN is available, verify that you can connect to the Internet by heading to Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection.
How many times can you activate a PS4 as primary?
It’s worth noting that you can deactivate a primary PS4 only once every six months, but once deleted, You can add a new primary device at any time. Additional stories are available in Business Insider’s Tech Reference Library.
Can 2 accounts be primary on PS4?
Yes, your PlayStation 4 can be used as the primary PS4 for several accounts. Not in the other direction (an account can only have one primary PS4). Yes, all accounts can purchase PS Plus regardless of the primary console or additional accounts.
Why does my PS4 keep saying an error has occurred when purchasing?
Some PS4 users received an error occurred PS4 sign-in error message due to failing to verify the email address used to register their PS4. This issue is most frequently encountered by users who have recently purchased the game machine. They quickly activate the game machine without validating the PSN account.
What does Error Code CE-43461-8 mean?
This PS4 Error CE-43461-8 frequently occurs while downloading the most recent software or firmware update. In contrast to other PS4 problems, such as CE-34788-0, CE-36329-3, and CE-32809-2, this one happens after the update operation. The CE-43461-8 is connected to the system’s internal hard drive.
What does e-8210604A mean?
When there are troubles with a payment method, PlayStation error code E-8210604A arises. This issue most frequently happens when consumers update an expired debit card and may prohibit them from completing their PS Plus or PS Now membership.
Read Also: How to Fix Dev Error 6039 Warzone PS4?
How do I remove my account from someone else’s PS4?
- Go to the PlayStation Account Management section of the PlayStation Store.
- Then select the “Security” option.
- Go to the “Security” Section & click “Sign out from All Devices.”
- To confirm your selection, click “Ok.”
How do I verify my PSN account?
- Navigate to the following locations: Settings > Account Management > Account Information > Security > Verification in Two Steps
- To activate 2SV, click Activate.
- Choose a method on which you want to receive the 2FA Code: App or Text Message-Authenticator: App.
- Enter the code for verification.
- Make a note of your Backup Codes.
Why isn’t my PS4 connecting to the Internet?
Your Wi-Fi network is no longer connected to the Internet. You are attempting to connect with a username or password that is invalid. Your PS4’s DNS settings are incorrect. The distance between your PS4 and the wifi network is too great, resulting in sporadic signal loss.
Why does my Internet connection fail on PS4?
Suppose your PS4 is unable to connect to Wi-Fi or the Internet. In that case, it is most likely due to the following: There is a possibility that the PlayStation Network is unavailable. Your router may be disconnected or experiencing connectivity troubles on a larger scale. There could be a password issue on your Wi-Fi or your console.
What is WV-33898?
The PS4 error WV-33898-1 typically arises when there is no available Internet connection. As a result, users cannot access their programs or the Internet through their consoles.
Read Also: How to Fix PS4 Error CE-32809-2
How do I fix error code WV-33899-2?
- Services on the PlayStation Network may be momentarily unavailable.
- If PlayStation Network is available, verify that you can connect to the Internet by heading to Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection.
- Update the firmware on your router.
What does NW-31297-2 mean on PS4?
Connecting to a wireless network is not possible. You could not connect to the Wi-Fi network due to an incorrectly configured Wi-Fi password on the PS4 or an overcrowded wireless network. Navigate to Settings> Network> Network > Set up Internet Connection to reconfigure the network settings.
What does it mean when the NAT type fails?
NAT generally fails due to faults, such as faulty network settings or network firewall issues. Changing the NAT Type might be an efficient way to increase the performance of your PS4 network.