There is a PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4 that indicates an issue with the DNS settings on your PS4 console. It is a highly infuriating error code on the PlayStation 4. Due to the fact that when this error number appears on the screen, the user is unable to play or utilize any PlayStation services.
Numerous users attempt to resolve this error code without proper understanding, resulting in the generation of another error code on their PS4. As a result, I recommend that you collect some data first before making any changes to your PS4. The information on this page may help you fix the PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4.
Ascertain that your internet connection is functioning correctly on all of your devices. Additionally, the Wi-Fi and Ethernet cables are in excellent condition. If your internet connection is down, PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4 will also appear on the screen, preventing you from accessing any PlayStation services.
What is PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4?
NW-31253-4 is one of the more vexing DNS problems that your PS4 can encounter. A failed DNS server typically causes it, but it can also occur due to a problem with your home network’s internet connection or an ongoing server issue.
When NW-31253-4 appears, your PlayStation 4 console is experiencing an internet connection issue, preventing you from accessing the PlayStation Network or playing online multiplayer.
Causes of PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4?
There are several possible causes of the NW-31253-4 error. Let’s take a closer look at each of them.
NW-31253-4 may occur if your PS4 is unable to establish a stable connection to the servers due to a router malfunction in your home. When routers are left running for an extended period, they may cease to function correctly. A non-responsive router can cause various problems, so make a habit of rebooting your network equipment every few days.
Slow Internet Connection
As with a router issue, having a slow connection while using your PlayStation 4 to browse the PlayStation Store, play online multiplayer, or use other PSN services may result in errors.
ISP-Provided DNS Server is Down
By default, your home devices will use the DNS settings given by your ISP. DNS servers sometimes have issues, and your ISP’s DNS is not immune.
If you’re also having problems loading webpages on other devices at home, it’s most likely due to an issue with your ISP’s DNS server.
Router Firewall Settings
PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4 may also occur if your router prevents your PS4 from connecting to the PlayStation Network or the Internet via specific ports.
PSN Server Issues
This PS4 DNS error could result from issues with the PlayStation Network. PSN servers may occasionally become unavailable due to an outage, maintenance, or large traffic volume.
How to Fix the PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4?
DNS Error NW-31253-4 prevents you from playing games or using any other PS4 services when it appears on your screen. The PS4 DNS issue is frequently caused by a breakdown in the PS4’s DNS configuration.
The DNS error PS4 might also be related to the internet connection, including Wi-Fi and LAN. You may check your Wi-Fi and LAN connections by connecting PS4 to other devices on the same network.
At this point, it implies that the Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections will work without a hitch. After that, you can attempt the methods listed below to fix the PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4.
Let’s get this game started!
Check for PSN Server Issues
The first step in any PS4 or home network troubleshooting is to ensure there aren’t current outages or server problems. When a DNS issue, such as the NW-31253-4 error message, is the direct result of a PSN server malfunction, this can save you time and effort.
Do a Hard Reset on Your PlayStation 4
To re-establish a connection between your PS4 and router, you can hard reset your PS4. The DNS problem PS4 can be resolved by restoring the system to its factory configuration. Before doing a system reset on your PlayStation 4, make a complete backup of your important data.
- Remove the power line from your PS4 and turn it off entirely.
- Disconnect your PS4’s external devices, including your modem, router, and controller.
- Ensure there is no harm when attaching everything to the PS4 again after waiting at least two minutes.
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 by re-inserting the power cord.
Change Your DNS Configuration
To access PlayStation services, you may need to change your DNS settings. Many gamers have found this proving approach to be practical for various issues, including LoL RADS error, excessive ping, and more.
You may fix the PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4 by changing the default DNS to the available free DNS servers.
The Following Is How You Do It:
Navigate to the Settings icon in the PS4 Home Menu, then hit the X button on the console to close the Settings window.
Set up an internet connection by clicking on the Network option in the Settings menu.
As a result, you’ll need some method of connecting with the network. It’s possible to connect through Wi-Fi or LAN cable here, depending on your network type. We’ll show you how to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi and LAN cable.
If You’re Operating Wi-Fi:
- Click on the Custom button after selecting Wi-Fi as the connection type.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network and type in the password to connect to the Internet.
- In the IP Address Settings, select Automatic, and in the DNS Settings, select Manual.
- Decide on a course of action. A renaming of the hostname
If You’re Using LAN Cables:
- Select Choose the Custom option by plugging in a LAN cable.
- Don’t use the DHCP Host Name in the IP address settings, and instead set the IP address to automatic.
- Manually configure the DNS settings. Set the primary DNS to 220.127.116.11 and the secondary to 18.104.22.168.
- Select Automatic in the MTU Settings and don’t use in the Proxy Server by clicking Next to force the MTU settings.
- To check whether the issue is resolved or not, click on the Test Internet Connection button.
Online Support Troubleshooter
Sony has developed troubleshooting for PlayStation 4 error codes. The PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4 can also be fixed with this online tool. Visit the Playstation troubleshooter website and follow the instructions to ensure that the problem is resolved. After implementing this method, almost everyone who encountered this issue resolved it, which other users widely commended.
What If This Solution Doesn’t Work?
People who search through the forums appear to find this DNS solution to be a good one. But if that doesn’t work, here are some more steps:
- When configuring the connection, make sure you leave everything else (excluding DNS) as default/automatic. The default/automatic/whatever configuration for IP address and DHCP can be selected even if you’re using a wired connection. Only change the DNS settings manually.
- Try a quick reboot of your PS4 and router to see if it helps.
- For best results, unplug your router and PS4 for at least 15 minutes before attempting a factory reset.
- You can also try factory resetting your router by pushing the reset button or pin usually found on the side or beneath your device.
- Ensure that all ports on your network are accessible to your games console by using a sort of Port Forwarding. Please find out how to achieve this in our article.
- In Safe Mode, you can also restore your PS4’s default settings. You may learn how to do it in this video. Option 4 – You should select the Default Setting. Nothing will be lost as a result of this.
- Consult your family, friends, and neighbors for additional information. What’s going on with them? Your internet service provider may have an issue.
- Make sure you’re connected directly to your router rather than using an intermediary device like a second router or a switch if you’re experiencing issues.
- People in the house may be having problems connecting to the Internet if your router is damaged. Repair or change your Internet Service Provider (ISP) by contacting them.
The PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4 is frequently generated if you attempt to specify the IP address and the DNS servers manually. To avoid confusion, it is essential to remember that you only need to set the DNS manually; leave the IP Address and all other settings on “Automatic” or “Default.” You can change only the DNS Settings manually.
FAQs – PS4 DNS Error NW-31253-4
How do I fix DNS error on PS4?
Your network settings may cause the error message “PS4 DNS problem has occurred.” A faulty setup is possible. If this continues, you may have to use a different DNS, such as Google’s public DNS, or switch your DNS to automatic. Including the IP address may help to ensure a stable connection.
What does NW-31295-0 mean on PS4?
A Wi-Fi connection fails. The strength of the Wi-Fi signal can be too weak. Go to Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection on the PS4 to do an internet connection test. Powering down your modem or router for five minutes and then turning it back on will reset your local network connection.
What does changing DNS do on PS4?
You can slash ping times by using the wrong DNS server for your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. In truth, most gamers use the DNS servers assigned by their ISP (internet service provider), which are rarely the quickest.
I hope you find the methods described above to be helpful. If you’re experiencing any of the error issues listed above with your PS4, you can quickly ask for help. I’ll do everything I can to resolve the error code you’re experiencing.