Thanks to a new adaptor, you can now use the Xbox 360 controllers on the PlayStation 3. First, plug your 360 controllers into the USB port on the Cross Battle Adapter, and then plug it into the adapter itself.
There are two ways I can help you, based on what I know. First, straighten out the facts: To use your DualShock-Pads with your PS3, you’ll need to adapt your Xbox Pads to function with it (Trigger, etc.).
How to Use Xbox Controller on PS3
To connect, you’ll need the following:
- Converter for Xbox 360 XCM crossfire
- It’s a Strange PS3 controller
- a Weird Controller for the Xbox 360
- The Xbox 360 Console Has Arrived!
Xbox 360 controllers can be a pain to operate. Fortunately, Xbox 360 gamers may use the PlayStation 3 controller instead. But, unfortunately, it’s not magic, and it’s not even against the law to do it this way.
It’s still a great way to play Xbox 360 games with the PS3 controller.
- Connect the Xbox 360 console to the XCM Crossfire Converter.
- Use the XCM crossfire converter port to connect the Xbox 360 controller.
- Press the right trigger on the Xbox 360 controller, sometimes known as the RT button. For first-person shooting games, this button is used to fire. Remove the RT button from the XCM crossfire converter one layer at a time.
- Press the Xbox 360 controller’s RT button a few more times & Re-insert the XCM converter without the RT button. The top of the converter should have a button. Once again, press the Xbox 360’s RT button.
- Remove the converter from the Xbox 360 controller. Using an Xbox 360 converter, connect the PS3 controller to it. Now, on the PS3 controller, press the R2 button.
- You can use the PS3’s right analog stick to rotate components by turning it clockwise or counterclockwise. It would help to shift the TCM converter tilt button to the “R” position. Right-click and hold “L” on your analog stick, then turn the left analog stick. Stage shift.
Other ways to connect PlayStation 3 to Xbox 360
- Connect your PS3 controller to a computer through a USB port.
- Please update MotionJoy to the most recent version.
- It’s time to use DS3.
- Take a look at the Driver Management section.
- Take a look at the list of available drivers to be tested.
- After a while, a dialogue window popped up asking if you wanted to install or approve the software.
- Go to the ‘Profile’ tab.
- Select “Xinput-Default” as the Xbox 360 controller emulation.
- Click the pink “enable” button showing at the bottom of the screen.
- Enjoy! The vibration testing button is 100 percent confirmed to operate.
How to use a PS3 controller on Windows 10
If you own a PlayStation, you’ll want to get a PS controller. Xbox controllers are ideal for Windows 10 PC gaming, while you can also use PlayStation controllers.
Similar to Xbox controllers, PlayStation controllers often receive hardware upgrades. Models like the PS5 controller are constantly being updated. It’s worth noting that the PS3 was released in 2006, making it older than both Windows 10 and the PS3. You will need to utilize third-party drivers to get the controller to work.
Install the PS3 drivers.
With no official drivers for the PS3 controller in Windows 10, you’ll need ScpToolkit, a third-party tool. ScpToolkit installs drives for unofficial/third-party PlayStation controllers.
Install PS3 controller by setting it up as directed.
- A USB data cord is required if you have a wired PS3 controller or if you want to use your PS3 controller as such.
- Connect the PS3 controller’s Bluetooth dongle to your system wirelessly if you wish to use it.
Install the ScpToolkit
- Visit SourceForge to get ScpToolkit.
- Open the app and begin using it.
- For Bluetooth controllers, make sure to select the ScpToolkit Bluetooth Pair Utility option before you make any changes to your apps presets.
- Click on the “Install Button” to start the installation process.
- When prompted, click the Run Driver Installer button and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Install the drivers that you desire. The PS3 controller’s driver should be installed, and you should enable a Bluetooth connection, so click Next.
- Select the controller.
- Allow the drivers to be installed by clicking the Next button.
- You’ll be able to play supported games with the PS3 controller after it’s been installed.
How to Use Xbox Controller on PS3 by Using Cronus Adapter
On top of a USB dongle are Cronus, a single-digit display, and a USB input. Just plug it in, and you’re good to go. Unfortunately, when we played Battlefield 3 with controllers on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, we didn’t get a chance to sync our data, but the device manufacturer informed us that it was worth it.
For anyone, the question is, why would you want this type of device? The picture painted for us was of a friend who does not have the same console reception as us (if you recognize that, you can see such personality flaws).
You could have purchased a new controller, but this one can’t leap. Having spoken with device representatives, we believe there is less chance of change now than when the makers were attempting to get on board.
We don’t yet know how much it will cost or when it will be available, but we’ve been told that it will be available in two to three months, with costs starting at around $ 50 to $60.
FAQs – How to Use Xbox Controller on PS3
Can you use a wired PS3 controller on Xbox one?
Using a PS3 controller on an Xbox requires the purchase of a ChronusMax. However, you may trick the Xbox into thinking that the PS3 controller is an Xbox controller using this USB gadget.
What controllers Can you use with PS3?
DualShock 3, DualShock 4, and PS Move (if you consider it a controller) are compatible with PS3; only the DualShock 4 and PS VR are compatible with PS4 (if you also count that as a controller).
Why is my PS3 controller not working?
Using the console’s USB port, plug in the controller. Look for a small hole near the L2 shoulder button on the controller’s back. Push the reset button with an unfolded paperclip inserted into the hole. Then, re-pair the controller with the PS3 by pressing the PS button on the remote.
Putting together a PS3 controller could be worthwhile if you have one lying around. A Windows 10 PC should use an Xbox controller if you’re shopping for a new gaming controller. If you want a PlayStation controller, acquire either the PS5 or PS4 controller so that it is easy to set up.