Long-distance journeys, aggressive monsters, freezing waterways, and more await you in Minecraft. Fortunately, polar bears can solve any issues these things may bring about.
There are several ways to control polar bears (tying them to posts for safekeeping or commanding them to kill mobs), but they won’t do anything for you until they’ve been tamed.
Polar Bears in Minecraft
In Minecraft, you may only find polar bears in the chilly biomes of the game. Polar bears, including adults and cubs, can be captured in the wild and trained to obey the player’s commands. Taming a bear is as simple as looking for a single bear without a cub.
They wander in groups of one to four bears. If you’re attempting to tame one, there is an increased risk of being attacked by one of the group’s polar bears.
If you’re going to try to train one of these white bears in Minecraft, you’ll need to gather a variety of fish before you can even begin.
How Do You Get Polar Bears in Minecraft?
In Minecraft, polar bears can be found in cold regions. Thus, you’ll find them all over the place, from the frozen rivers and oceans to the deep-freeze biomes to the snowy tundra and snowy mountains.
You can find polar bears in large herds or isolated individuals. Polar bears in groups of more than two are more dangerous since they are more likely to have a cub.
Polar bears, unlike most mobs, have three separate states. Polar bear cubs are always passive, adults are usually neutral, and adult polar bears can turn into hostile mobs if you attack one of their babies. It implies that if you happen to come across a polar bear, you should proceed with caution to avoid putting yourself at any risk.
What do Polar Bears Eat in Minecraft?
The only kind of fish that will work to tame a polar bear is Raw Fish; trying to use any other Kind of fish will not be effective.
Players will need a lot of fish to train a polar bear. A fishing rod is also required to catch fish in Minecraft. To acquire one, there are numerous options available.
- They make fishing rods out of three sticks and two strings at a handicraft table.
- Burglary raids
- Stealing from the locals
- You can retrieve fishing rods from the surface of the water.
- There are a lot of random chests scattered over the map.
- Making some Potions of Water Breathing in Minecraft will allow you to explore underwater ruins for enchanted fishing rods.
In Minecraft, fishing rod enchantments increase fishing speed by 5 seconds. When the weather is fine, players like to go fishing in waters illuminated by the sun or the moonlight.
Players will have to wait twice as long to catch a fish if their fishing pole bobbers are not exposed to direct sunlight or moonlight. Players should use an enchanted fishing rod to catch as many fish as possible in a short amount of time when the weather is clear.
Salmon is a favorite food of polar bears since you can find it almost anywhere. It’s possible to train cats with salmon and other fish and persuade dolphins to take players to rare underwater locations by offering them salmon and other fish.
Instead of fishing for salmon, players can kill polar bears to obtain raw salmon, which they can then train wild bears.
Here’s How to Tame a Polar Bear in Minecraft Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and More!
A polar bear is an excellent approach to dealing with spiders and other critters in Minecraft.
You can hop on the back of your new pet and travel to a different biome once it’s finished fighting the spiders. However, none of this would be feasible without a tame and well-behaved polar bear.
You won’t have much trouble finding one of those, thank goodness! It is how it’s done.
Before taming one on Xbox One, you must first find one of these animals. The Snowy Tundra, the Snowy Mountains, and the Ice Spikes Tundra contain them.
Individuals or small groups of four can be found. No matter how many bears there are, there will always be one cub, and at least one other bear will be its mother or father.
We recommend hunting for a cub alone, as a parent is likely to attack you if you try to pursue the cub.
After finding one, you’ll need fish, and you’ll probably need a lot of it. Approach it with a fish in hand and use LT to feed it.
As soon as you catch a sufficient number of fish, a heart will appear above the bear, indicating that the bear is now your pet and that it will fight mobs for you, enable you to ride on its back, and more.
How to Control a Polar Bear on a Computer
Taming an animal is as simple as right-clicking on it instead of feeding it with LT like you would on Xbox One.
How to Tame a Polar Bear in Minecraft PS4
To tame a fish on PlayStation 4, perform the exact instructions as above, but instead of feeding it with LT, use L2.
How to Train a Polar Bear on the Nintendo Switch
It’s the same process as on Xbox One, although you’ll use ZL instead of LT to tame one on Switch.
Our tutorial to taming a polar bear in Minecraft on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and more has come to an end.
Twinfinite is a great place to check for more information about Minecraft. You can get all the latest news, previews, reviews, polls, features, guides, and more for all of your favorite video games right there on the site.
Can you tame a polar bear in Minecraft PE?
Polar Bears in Minecraft: More Details
- However, polar bears can exist in a passive state and only become hostile if the player attacks the cub nearby. Oddly enough, polar bears won’t attempt to attack in this manner unless the cub is already dead before the bear initiates the attack. If a player can kill the cub with one strike, the adults in the area should be on their guard.
- Adult polar bears, like their cubs, will defend each other in the event of an assault. If there are no cubs around, adults will run to protect other polar bears if a player threatens them.
- Both adults and pups, Polar bears will attack foxes on sight in the Java Edition. Adult polar bears still attack foxes who get too close to them in the Bedrock Edition, but cubs do not.
- Adult polar bears drop 1 to 3 experience raw cod or raw salmon when killed by a player (or a domesticated wolf). However, while killing polar bears can aid in discovering the fish required to domesticate them, fishing for the requisite resources is likely to be more accessible. Pet polar bears are far more beneficial than relying on EXP and loot as a resource.
- Players will not be able to develop a cub into an adult polar bear-like they can with other pets and animals since polar bears cannot reproduce.
- There are around 30 health points in an adult polar bear.
- Polar bears can inflict severe harm; thus, players should stay aware of their surroundings. Unarmored or unprotected players attacked by an opposite bear adult will take three hit points of damage on accessible mode; this increases to five on regular and an incredible eight on hard level.
Frequently Asked Question
How do you breed a polar bear in Minecraft?
Players must first train two polar bears before they can breed them. You should avoid getting too close to the polar bear or its pup. Polar bears remain docile as long as they aren’t threatened or their cub is hurt. Breeding will commence once two polar bears have been successfully domesticated.
Why can’t I feed polar bears in Minecraft?
In Minecraft, it is impossible to feed a polar bear. It implies that players can’t breed or use food to entice them like other mobs. The cod or the salmon are the most common prey items that polar bears leave behind when they despawn. When a fish is thrown away, it will always be served raw.
Do tame polar bears follow you?
Finally, use the lead on the Polar bear, and it will be your constant companion. Even if it isn’t an easy or efficient taming method, it is the best method.
Let us know if you have any questions about How to Tame a Polar Bear in Minecraft Xbox One once you’ve finished it. Polar bears can be fussy, but they can be beneficial if you can train them.
If you can be in an ice or snow-themed biome, it would be a crime not to take advantage of their powerful attacks and above-average health.