Xbox Series X can be factory reset through the console’s Console Info setting. There are several reasons to do this; however, it is most commonly done when you have software troubles or are trying to sell your Xbox. Additionally, you can choose to keep or remove your saved games and apps by knowing How to Factory Reset Xbox Series X?
Microsoft’s Xbox Series X is a next-generation system that can play 4K games at 120 frames per second. In addition, thanks to an 8-core proprietary Zen 2 CPU and a 12-TFLOP GPU, it has a faster boot-up time. It’s even backward compatible with earlier games, so you’ll be able to play a wider variety.
Resetting vs. Hard Reset versus Factory Reset
If you’re having issues with your Xbox Series X or S, resetting or rebooting the device can help. However, there are different types of resets and reboots.
It’s called a “soft reset” or “reboot” if you shut down your Xbox Series X or S by pressing the power button or using the on-screen menu option, then turn it back on. Turn off your console, and you’ll be greeted with a notification.
Performing a hard reset on your console means shutting it down completely and turning it back on. Since the power is entirely withdrawn, more things are cleared away, and more problems are fixed.
To restore your console to its factory settings, you must perform a factory reset. You’ll have to reload system updates, redownload your games, and so on if you lose your local data.
Read Also: How to Fly a Helicopter in GTA 5 Xbox One? Step by Step
How to Factory Reset Xbox Series X
As simple as it may be to reset your Xbox, you’ll need to take some precautions to ensure your data is safe before resetting. To factory reset an Xbox Series X, follow these instructions:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller’s analog stick to open the guide.
- When you’re on the Profile & System tab, press D to navigate to the next screen.
- From the bottom of the page, select the option “Settings.”
- Select Console information from the System drop-down menu.
- Select the option to reset the console.
- Take a look at the possibilities and select one.
The Xbox Series X and Series S include two reset options, one of which retains all of your games and apps and the other of which deletes them. In the detailed walkthrough that follows, we’ll go over how to back up your settings, games, and saves in greater detail.
How To Hard Reset Xbox Series X/S?
The data on your Xbox Series X/S can be lost if you perform a hard reset; however, it is a straightforward procedure.
If you’re having trouble with 0x8027025a, you’re not alone.
So, let’s perform a hard reset on your Xbox X/S:
- At least 10 seconds of holding down the Xbox button on the console will open the Power center.
- Wait a maximum of three minutes after unplugging your console’s power supply.
- Plugin your console’s power supply.
- Turn on your Xbox by pressing the Xbox button on your console.
- You’ll also be able to perform a hard reset on your device. The Xbox X/S series
Read Also: How to Change Deadzone on Xbox One Elite Controller? Easy Guide
How to Factory Reset an Xbox One Using a USB
A USB drive can be used to conduct a hard reset on your Xbox if it has more significant faults and you can’t get it to load. To get started, you’ll need a few things:
- A Windows PC
- NTFS-formatted USB device with at least 4 GB of storage.
Go to https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults after you’ve formatted the drive. This link will download a ZIP folder containing the relevant file.
You will unzip the folder once it has been downloaded. You’ll find a file called $SystemUpdate in there somewhere. You can copy the file to the root directory of your flash drive by removing it from your computer.
Keep in mind that the drive should be empty other than $SystemUpdate.
Next, you’ll need to connect your Xbox to the Internet.
- Unplug the Ethernet cord from the rear of the console if you’re utilizing a wired connection.
- Remove the Xbox’s power cable and shut it down.
- Reconnect the power cable after 30 seconds.
- Turn on Xbox and plugin USB disc containing $SystemUpdate file
- Hold down the Pair and Eject buttons at the same time.
Note: It is only necessary to use an all-digital console that does not have an eject button.
- Once you’ve pressed the Xbox button, hold down both buttons for 10 to 15 seconds, then release them.
- When you hear two distinct tones, it’s time to recharge. Afterward, you can press the pair and eject buttons again.
- The console will resume automatically, so remove the USB drive at this point.
Read Also: How Much Is Xbox Company Worth In 2022? History & Evolution
You’ll see a screen with a digital experience guide if everything goes according to plan. It will guide you through resetting your console with its help & you should be informed that rebooting the console can take a long time and requires an internet connection. After the computer has started up, reconnect the Ethernet wire.
FAQs – How to Factory Reset Xbox Series X
Is it bad to factory reset Xbox Series X?
If you select this option, your Xbox will be cleared of all data, including your user profiles, installed games, and more. The genuine factory reset is here. This option should only be used as a last resort when diagnosing an issue with your console.
Does resetting your Xbox delete everything?
All of your stored games, settings and home Xbox associations are deleted if you do a factory reset on your System. If you want your data to be synchronized, you must sign in and connect to Xbox Live.
How do I soft reset my Xbox One?
Turn the Xbox One-off, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on to do a soft reset that should fix any issues. For example, select “Turn console off” or “Restart console” by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller and selecting the option.
How do I reset my Xbox one to factory settings without turning it on?
On the other hand, a factory reset is a quick and painless option. First, take a look at your profile and system settings, select Console information, then Reset console from the drop-down menu. Resetting all of your data and apps is now an option.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
The answer is yes. Resetting your Xbox to factory settings will bring it back to how it was when you first purchased it. Unfortunately, as a result, you’ll lose access to all of your previously saved data (contacts, images, messages, and installed apps included).
What happens if I reset my Xbox one but keep games?
Your saves are synced between your console and Xbox live server as long as you are connected. The next time you start a game after performing a reset, it will sync with the cloud and retrieve your most recent save.
Does a soft reset delete anything?
Nothing is deleted from your Xbox when you perform a Soft Reset, and no information is lost from the device.