Microsoft’s Xbox 360 consoles use dual-layered DVDs that can hold up to 8.5GB of data each. Due to the addition of a second layer of writing space, the capacity of a dual-layered DVD is increased from 4.7GB to 8.5GB.
A backup copy of your Xbox 360 DVD games may be necessary for the event that your originals are damaged or stolen. Players would have to place a “modchip” on their motherboard as a workaround for copyright protection on old consoles to duplicate games.
If you have a legal original copy of the game disc, you don’t need a “modchip” to duplicate Xbox 360 games on your computer. You may construct with a free application. Create an ISO image of the game disc and then burn it to a dual-layered DVD.
How to Burn Xbox 360 Games Without Modding Your Xbox
You Will Need
- A DVD of an original Xbox 360 video game
- Dual-layer DVD Burner
- A blank dual-layer DVD (DVD+R DL)
- Backup Creator for Xbox 360
- A burning image application named ImgBurn
Creating the Backup File
- Obtain and install both programmes on the PC at once. To create a backup of your Xbox Game > Open Xbox Backup Creator.
- Insert the DVD of the original game.
- This information should appear on the screen that pops up. Ensure that the extra information mentions the KREON firmware (You can copy only DVDs with this firmware). Select “Complete Backup” (if not already selected).
- To save the backup, click the “Start” button and select an appropriate location on your computer (up to 8.5 GB of free space). About 15 to 20 minutes is optimal for creating a backup. To find out whether or not you have a backup, go to the folder where you saved it. A.iso and a.dvd file with the name you gave the backup should be visible.
- Right-click on the “.DVD” file and choose ‘Open With’. Make your selection from the list of applications and press OK.
- Copy the number value next to ‘Layerbreak’ and save it in a separate notepad file for later use. Close the documents.
Burning the Backup Game DVD
- Using ImgBurn, you can restore your data from the backup you just created. If you have a copy of the original game DVD, you can replace it with a blank DVD+R DL with DVD+R DL written on it.
- Please choose ‘Write an image file to disc’.
- The ‘browse for a file’ icon is located under ‘Source’ in the window that appears on the screen (an open folder with a magnifying glass). Go to the backup files folder you made earlier and choose the “.dvd file.
- Select Tools Settings Write Options from the top menu (the one to the right).
- In the drop-down menu that appears, choose ‘User Specified,’ and then type in the value you copied from the notepad earlier. Select OK from the context menu.
- To write faster, increase the ‘Write Speed’ to 2x. Allow it to “burn” for around 30 to 45 minutes before serving.
Voila! As a result, you should now have a fully functional Xbox game backup.
Extraction Methods for Xbox 360 ISO Files
Playing Xbox 360 games requires 8.5 GB of hard drive space per disc. 360 CDs can be scratched or damaged over time if used frequently. If your Xbox 360 DVDs get scratched, you may burn an ISO image of the disc and use that instead. The Xbox DVD must be read into an ISO file on your computer using a free ISO burning tool (see Resources).
Log on to the computer. Make sure your DVD drive is working correctly so that you can’t copy the disc to an ISO file with problems. Open your preferred online browser and obtain an ISO copying application (e.g., CloneCD, DVD Decrypter, MagicISO, etc.). Restart your computer after installing the ISO software. It’s possible to create a copy of your 360 DVD using an ISO program.
Insert your Xbox 360 game by pressing the “Eject” button on your disc drive. You should now launch the ISO application once the disc tray has been closed. Read to ISO and name your ISO file after converting the DVD to an ISO.
The ISO application will begin reading your Xbox 360 DVD and creating an ISO file on your PC as soon as you click “OK.” Remove the DVD from the disc tray only after the ISO read session has completed 100%.
Can I play Xbox 360 games on my PC if I don’t have one?
Installing an Xbox 360 Emulator on a PC
- The download will begin without your intervention.
- Then extract the contents of the file.
- You can access the Xenia Emulator by opening it.
- Drag and drop the game’s files into the Emulator’s window.
- It’s time to have fun.
What is the Xbox 360’s hard drive type?
Standard 2.5′′ SATA hard disc drives (HDDs) housed in bespoke cases power the Xbox 360. By Using a special adapter & custom firmware, these units may be connected to the Xbox 360 and play games (making stand-alone drives incompatible).
FAQs – How to Burn Xbox 360 Games Without Modding Your Xbox
Can I play burned games on Xbox 360?
Is your Xbox 360 capable of playing burnt games? You’ll need to flash your Xbox 360’s DVD drive with modified firmware if you want to play backups. Burned CDs will be able to be read by the drive, and appropriate flashing will allow you to stay connected to Xbox Live simultaneously.
Can you play burned Xbox 360 games on Xbox One?
If you have a modchip or custom firmware installed on your Xbox One, you can try. Your game backups will not work. You can’t, sorry. Security protections are built into retail discs for Xbox 360 and Xbox One titles.
Can you jailbreak an Xbox 360?
The Xbox 360 is one of the seventh generation of video gaming systems. Jailbreak is also included and a slew of other fun and unique games. Jailbreaking is a way to install and modify system software on a console.
I sincerely hope that this article about How to Burn Xbox 360 Games Without Modding Your Xbox will be of great assistance to you. There are a variety of premium software options that can assist you in creating backups, and they’re far more user-friendly than the free alternatives. It means you can go back to rescuing the world without having to worry about getting a scratch!